Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Downward Angle of Brain Cells

Dear Bloggers,

One thing that's very important to me is honesty.  I can truly appreciate a person who can be honest, not only about their actions but the intentions behind them.  These are the types of people that I surround myself with in my social life.  But, I know that not everyone is like this, and usually outside of a job, or casual encounters, it doesn't bother me as much.  But I do have to say that I get slightly annoyed when people have very clear intentions on their behaviors and pretend like the attention that they sought after was unintentional.

No, it wasn't.  It was exactly what you wanted, and you're insulting my intelligence when you pretend like it wasn't.  Like this example:




Like, really?  Really?  REALLY?!?!?!

For me, the asinine question and her moronic rationale wasn't what was bothering me.  For me it was the blatant attempt at attention.  Pure and simple.  She has her camera focused in a downward angle to expose her very present décolletage, and we're supposed to pretend that this video is about some sort of philosophical question?

But then again, I always wonder who's worse?  People like her or me?  Granted, she might have just really wanted to know (I like to think the best of people), but chances are that when put on her face full of makeup and her low cut tank top that she was hoping to get people's attention.  But at the end, I'm just as culpable of her foolishness because I gave into it.

No one should ever down someone from trying to get their own shine, but at the same time, it's us who determines how much of our attention we're willing to give these people who are craving the absolute-most through their behavior.

Maybe this girl isn't as dumb as she's trying to pretend.  She might actually have a great career in advertising, if she's so inclined.  Because she knows the key to getting people talking; I just think that it shouldn't be at the expense of exposing herself.  But, what do I know?

Stay Encouraged!!

No comments:

Post a Comment