Monday, October 21, 2013

Quenching the Thirst

Dear Bloggers,

Since I've been back to my blogging roots I've been very upbeat and encouraging.  My posts have been trying to help people (myself included) in staying focused and encouraged while following your dreams.  But through all of that, I can't shake the strong impulse I have to want to take this opportunity to vent.

What would make a sweet, happy person want to take her frustrations out in blog form?  Well, it's because of the unnecessary attention seeking behavior that I've been noticing.  I have to be honest, I tend to keep my bubble of information down to what I only need to know.  I'm very well abreast about what's going on in the world, but sometimes, all of the negativity can really drag me down.  Also, because I have a child, these pessimistic news stories have a tendency to make me (and probably most parents) slightly paranoid of what could happen.  So, I try to balance it with some fluff.

Within my fluff search I have been coming across more and more videos and stories of grown people seeking, wanting, grasping for any way to receive the slightest bit of attention, and I have to be honest, it's annoying me.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still pro-#TeamStupid, but when people are just so blatantly trying to get a rise out of anything, I just... it does something to me.  It makes a small vein under my right eye slightly pulsate.

But you know what?  Maybe it's me?  Maybe I'm the one to blame for expecting excellence (or at the very least, normality).  My standards are obviously too high for the world of instant fame, and I need to just learn how to accept people for the dumb, vapid, dolts that many are proving themselves to be.  

But... until I learn to accept it, please allow me this week to express my frustrations.

Thanks!

Stay Encouraged!!

No comments:

Post a Comment