Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adam's Conniving Eve

Dear Bloggers,

I decided that today we’re going to explore the thought of the conniving woman from the male’s point of view. To men, the conniving woman is an Eve who uses her sex appeal to get what she wants. This Eve’s eyes are on his money as a prize, and once she gets that new Gucci bag, or Prada snake skinned shoes, she’s going to disappear like the Garden of Eden. Men get this apple of perception of women through music and videos, and take a big bite out of it, forming their views of the conniving woman.

The summer of my sophomore year of college I went back to work at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, MO. I was a supervisor. Being a [good] supervisor required most of my time walking, checking on, and delivering things to my workers. I found a path that would lead me straight to my carts, and straight back to the supervisor area without turning around.
One day, while heading back to the supervisor area to get more things for my workers, I passed the VIP area and heard a loud knocking. It was extremely sunny that day and the sun was causing a reflection in the glass. I saw a large hand waving at me, and I could distinguish figures in the room, but I could not see faces. Being the person that I am, I waved and smiled while I kept my steady pace. I figured it was someone who worked in that area who knew me.

Every single time I walked past that room, there was the knocking. I began to feel annoyed. One venture past the glass, clouds covered the sun and I could FINALLY see who was trying to get my attention. It was a man in his mid twenties or so, and he gestures for me go to the door of the room. I do so, thinking that maybe this person would need something from my company.
“________ would like to talk to you.”
The name didn’t ring a bell to me. He was an up and coming musical force that is prevalent now, but at that time, I didn’t know who he was. At home, my mother didn’t allow us to listen to secular music, and whenever I was driving my mother’s car I would always listen to a tape, so I was behind on the music ________ was putting out.
Apparently, the big press of St. Louis from Nelly and Chingy encouraged big stars to come and experience St. Louis for themselves.

I walk into the smoke filled room and see a man sitting on a red couch; he obviously was the focal point of the room, while everyone buzzed around him, tending to his every need.
He encouraged me to sit down, but I declined citing that I would have to leave soon to do another set of rounds. He tells me of how he wants to take me out, and perform many acts that an 18 year old should never do without parental approval, and a parachute. I pause, because at this moment, I STILL had NO idea WHO HE WAS!! Take me out, who ARE you?! Instead of saying what’s flying in my head, I tell him no, I was seeing someone at the moment.
“What is that supposed to mean to me?! Don’t you know who I AM?!!”
“Ummm… am I supposed to?” I was genuinely confused. I had NO idea who this guy was. I figured that maybe he wanted a snow cone and wanted me to grab him one.
“B-----!! GET OUT MY ROOM!!” As I walked away EXTREMELY confused by the interaction he continues to yell. “I’M TIRED OF ALL THESE CONNIVING WOMEN!! ALWAYS TRYING TO USE THEIR SEX APPEAL TO USE MEN!! THAT’S PROBABLY WEAVE IN HER HAIR ANYWAY… THOSE WHACK A—CURLS!!”

I tried to piece together what just happened. HE approached ME… wait…. Now WHAT just happened?! He insulted my hair that was curled due to a date I went on the previous night. I’m wearing my work uniform… WHAT SEX APPEAL?! I AM SWEATY WITH FLAT CURLS!!
When I get to one of my stands, my worker tells me that a man has been waiting for me. My heart jumps because it’s either the crazy celebrity that wanted to yell at me some more, or a horrified parent who just found a rat’s head in his son’s kettle corn. Either way, I didn’t want to deal with the situation, but I had to.
The man walks up to me and hands me a business card. I look down and see that it’s for a popular strip club in East St. Louis. “I just want to let you know that I’ve been watching you, and I think that you would make a really good addition to the _____ Club-“ I drop the card and walk away incredulously. Apparently I was wearing my “Please make a salacious comment to me” sandwich board today and NO ONE told me. As I walked away, he began to yell: “Well, if you didn’t want that attention, you shouldn’t have came to work dressed like that…”

You know, whenever one of _________’s songs comes on the radio or television… I just change the channel… Hmmm… how about them apples?

STAY ENCOURAGED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment