Monday, November 4, 2013

Be Who You Want to Be

Dear Bloggers,

Last week I discussed the side-eye inducing behavior that has seemingly become popular.  Last week's posts encompassed people following blindly behind others, people trying desperately hard to get attention in the worse ways, and people using offensive behavior become relevant.  Now there's a lot of things that you can point the finger at as the cause of these problems.  (For some reason, Homer Simpson's voice and his philosophy about alcohol just popped into my mind.  Kinda weird, but let's go with it.)

We can easily point out social media as a culprit.  In a world where most people are interacting with each other behind computer screens, they seem to be on the verge of losing their social decency.  Or maybe it's because in order to make yourself stand out from the millions of people who are commenting, or making videos, you need to do something to bring attention to you; and what's better than being offensive?  Negativity insights such a visceral reaction in others and can stick with a person for a while, ensuring your mark on the masses.

You could also make the association with the ever present reality show monster that attention-whoring can take you from a local legend in your own private circle to being on the tongues of people across viewing audiences (even people outside of it.  I've never watched an episode of Basketball Wives, but Lord help me, people talk about it so much that I now know who most of these people are).

But in this case, I'm gonna point the finger at myself.  Now, I'm not causing people to act out of sorts, or thrive to get attention anyway that they can.  However, I am at fault for being critical of others when they behave in a way that's opposite of how I would.

I'm a big advocate of people living their lives the way that they feel are best for them.  So, if you feel like you need to do the utmost, then do so.  I don't have to enjoy it, but that doesn't mean that I should condemn people for not being how I would like them to be.

Life can become miserable if you're too busy trying to live up to the views of everyone else, so be you.  But I also know that I don't have to engage in the foolishness either.  Both of this signifies a type of freedom that's great for viewer and participant.  Not caring what other people do/think:  the cause and solution to all of life's problems.

This week, let's discuss!

Stay Encouraged!!

No comments:

Post a Comment